The Municipal District of Fairview No. 136 installs and maintains signage for: 

  • Traffic control on municipal roadways; 
  • Range Roads and Township Roads;  
  • Municipal property, facilities, and work sites; and, 
  • Rural addresses. 

Missing, Destroyed or Damaged Municipal Signage

Please report all missing, destroyed, or damaged municipal signage to the Department of Public Works by telephone at 780-835-4903 or by email.

Signage Requests

Traffic Control Devices 

A member of the public can request a new or revised traffic control device by submitting a request, in writing to the Municipality by any of the following methods:

  • Email:
  • Fax: 780-835-3131
  • Mail: Box 189, Fairview, AB, T0H 1L0 
  • In-Person: 10957 - 91 Avenue, Fairview, AB, T0H 1L0 

Requests will be reviewed by the Department of Public Works and if determined acceptable, will be approved by the Chief Administrative Officer, and installed by the Municipality. Requests outside of the authority of the Chief Administrative Officer, or their designate, will be referred to Council for further consideration. 

Rural Addressing Signage 

For more information on requesting a rural address sign, click here.

Non-Municipal Signage

All installation of non-municipal signage shall comply with the provisions of Bylaw No. 876 - Land Use Bylaw and shall be approved by Council as per Policy TRN20.