The North Peace Regional Landfill Commission is accepting tenders for lease of the following land:
Approximately 205 acres on the E ½ 27-82-3-W6 bordering the east boundary of the NPRL landfill. Lease requirements include:
- Four-year term from January 1, 2024 to December 31, 2027.
- Payment of cash rent due in full April 1 of each crop year.
- Proof of Liability Insurance.
- For the sole use of the tenant, not to be assigned or sublet or occupied by anyone other than the
Tenant without prior written consent from the North Peace Regional Landfill Commission.
- Shall be leased on an “as is” basis with no warranties offered or implied on the condition of the
- The tenant shall cultivate, seed, control weeds, insects and disease and harvest crops on the land in
a sustainable manner.
- Continuous sustainable cropping is allowed. No back-to-back canola, unless prior permission from Landowner.
- If in grass the fourth year, renter must put back to cropland before winter.
- If inclement weather exists in the final year of contract, the renter has the right to harvest in the spring.
- There are two abandoned pipelines and one compressor station on the rental property.
Tenders must be submitted to the North Peace Regional Landfill Commission Box 2654 Fairview, AB T0H 1L0 no later than 3:00pm on 15 December, 2023 in a sealed envelope marked “Land Rent Proposal”.
The North Peace Regional Landfill Commission reserves the right to accept or reject any or all proposals. After the four-year lease agreement, the NPRL shall retender the lease of the farmland.
For further information please contact:
Douglas Luck, Manager at 780-835-2576
North Peace Regional Landfill Commission
Box 2654 Fairview, AB T0H 1L0